I Tried the Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Sheet Masks and Masqueology Gold Face Mask
I know my face loves me right now. I spent my week testing out facial masks. I reviewed 5 masks, 4 from Garnier and 1 from Masqueology. I tried it all, soothing, mattifying, glow boosting, gold mask and hydrating. Below are links to the individual reviews I did on my YouTube channel.
1. This sheet mask is marketed as mattifying as it reduces the appearance and size of pores and balances the skin's oil production. Since I don't have issues with large pores and my skin falls under the normal to dry category, I won't be re-purchasing this one. This mask has hyaluronic acid and green tea extract. The claim is that after one use I am to have skin that is more radiant and have a softer, fresher look. I can honestly say my skin did feel so refreshed. My skin felt moisturized. I expected it to feel tight and somewhat dry as it is a 'mattifying' mask. But they do promise a hydration so. At the end of the day, I knew I didn't need a mask that reduces my pores but I had to try it. If you have oily skin you should try it out. Check out my video down below to see this product in action.
2. As with all, the Garnier masks, this one was moisturizing too. It does offer a glowing appearance but in my opinion it wasn't anything to brag about. My skin looked radiant yes and moisturized. Since I received pretty much the same glow as with the mattifying one, I find no reason to repurchase this one. As with the rest it contains hyaluronic acid and is free of mineral oil and parabens. They infused this mask with Sakura extract and promises to enhance the skin's radiance and illuminate it. I expected more glow after rubbing it in but that wow factor was missing for me. My skin felt moisturized. My video below shows my application and review in full.
3. I was more excited about this gold masks than any other. Gold on your skin? C'mon!!!!! The results were great! My skin felt firmer and tighter. I felt moisturized and refreshed. The claim is that the Gold helps detoxify the skin from impurities and the collagen helps against fine lines and wrinkles. My only problem was with the application. I was expecting one mask but there are two pieces. I also think that the material is very fragile. I might repurchase this one....The verdict is still out. Check it out in action.
4. It smells so good. The scent is not heavy; it's a perfect level of chamomile. This mask was very soothing. The aroma mixed with the coolness from the mask does help with relaxation. My face was moisturized and felt refreshed and rejuvenated. I will be repurchasing this one. Not sure if this is related but my allergies subsided when I used this mask and after, till the next day of course. Everything that was promised was delivered. Claims were that my skin would receive a soothing burst of hydration and a fresher, softer, more radiant look; I felt all that and more. I really had the 'spa-experience'. Enjoy the video.
5. After a week of masks and perfect well-deserved pampering, I'm glad I chose to end it with this one. This mask, out of all of them was the most hydrating. They say that they use half a bottle of hydrating serum on each mask but it felt as if this one had a lot more than the rest that I tried. The product was seeping out and oozing with juices. My skin felt extremely rejuvenated. My face looked so awake and supple. Even after drying, my skin looked and felt extremely moisturized. I am definitely making this a regular offender in my skin care arsenal. The best mask of all. It's non-greasy and includes pomegranate extract. I didn't smell the scent of pomegranate though. The video is as above, linked below.
As a whole, I'm down with these types of masks. Each of the masks cost $2.50 at Walmart. I love the no fuss aspect of it. It's a sheet you put on your face and there is no need to rinse after. Just enjoy a facial massage after and go on your way. I love it. No mess no fuss.